We are pleased to announce stop orders are now available on Coinbase Exchange. Stop orders allow customers to buy or sell bitcoin at a specified price. This order type helps traders protect profits, limit losses, and even initiate new positions when the market breaks out.
It’s easy to place a stop order on Coinbase Exchange:
- Sign in to Coinbase Exchange
- Select the STOP tab on the orders panel
- Choose whether you want to place a “Buy” or “Sell” stop order
- Enter the amount of bitcoin you want to buy or sell
- Set the price at which you want to trigger the order
- Click the “Place Buy Stop” or “Place Sell Stop” to place the order
Once submitted, stop orders are immediately visible on the open orders panel and can be cancelled anytime by clicking the “X” in the status column. Customers who use programmatic or automated trading strategies can also place stop orders via the
STOP ORDER endpoint in the Coinbase Exchange API.
We’re committed to making Coinbase Exchange the most liquid, transparent, and trusted bitcoin exchange in the world. If you’re interested in joining the team, let us know via our careers site or by taking our coding challenge. You can also share feedback on this feature (and request new features!) on our Community Forum.